No beast so fierce : the terrifying true story of the Champawat Tiger, the deadliest animal in history / Dane Huckelbridge.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781982609191
- ISBN: 9781982609184 (sound recording ; Blackstone Library CD)
- ISBN: 1982609184 (sound recording ; Blackstone Library CD)
- ISBN: 9781982609191 (sound recording ; Blackstone Retail CD)
- ISBN: 1982609192 (sound recording ; Blackstone Retail CD)
- Physical Description: 7 audio discs (8 1/4 hr.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [New York] : Harper Audio, 
|General Note:||Compact discs.
Title from container.
|Participant or Performer Note:||Read by Corey Snow.|
|Summary, etc.:||Between 1900 and 1907, in the forested foothills of the Himalayas, a large Bengal tiger locals called the Champawat Man-Eater claimed 436 lives. Desperate for help, authorities appealed to Jim Corbett, a local hunter and officer in the army. Like a police detective, Corbett questioned witnesses and tracked the tiger's movements, while it began to hunt Corbett in return.|
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Tiger hunting India Anecdotes
Tiger hunting Nepal Anecdotes
Tiger India Anecdotes
Tiger Nepal Anecdotes
Corbett, Jim 1875-1955